Term Dates 2020
Canteen Menu 2020
Thurs 30th Jan - Friday 9th April
Tuesday 28th April - Friday 3rd July
Monday 20th July - Friday 25th Sept
Monday 12th Oct - Friday 11th December
School lunches are supplied by the Dargaville High School Canteen. Students need to complete a lunch order form and pay for their lunch at the student counter before the 8:45 bell. Then the lunches will be delivered to the classrooms at lunchtime.
Students are placed in classes after considering information received from contributing schools, the results of some testing and other relevant data. Classes are composite Year 7 & 8 and if appropriate students may have the same class teacher for the two years.
8:45 - School Starts (Roll call, Daily Notices)
8:55 - Block One
10:30 - Morning Interval
10:55 - Block Two
12:25 - Lunchtime
1:20 - Block Three
2:50 - Home Room
3:00 - End of School Day
Welcome to the DIS homework page. Your child will receive homework from their teacher every Monday. They will be able to use this site to access and show you any activities they are currently working on. Unless they have been told otherwise they will be doing all the work in their homework book.
Having the work online helps our school reduce the amount of paper and photocopying we are currently using.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask your classroom teacher.
All uniform items can be purchased at the school.
There may be a limited stock of secondhand uniforms available at the beginning of the year.
NB: The shorts and optional, long black pants must be the regulation ones: Shorts can be purchased through our school and Jon Matich Surfwear, has
the long black pants.
Girls & Boys
* Regulation black shorts or optional long black pants
* Polo shirts with DIS design and logo
* Black socks
* DIS Hoodie
* Black leather lace-up school shoes in winter
* Black or brown Roman sandals (sneakers not accepted)* Black, white or blue hair ties
* PE – plain black shorts, DIS PE T-shirt.
* DIS Beanie Term 2 & 3
* DIS Caps Term 1 & 4
These can be purchased at the school office from the beginning of the year. They are $15.00 each and are in the 4 House colours.
NB: Sneakers are not acceptable footwear – plain black leather shoes only
UNIFORMS - GENERAL
All uniforms must be named
* Plain navy or black raincoat. (No other colour allowed. This is an
EXTRA garment NOT an alternative)
* One gold or silver stud per ear may be worn in the ear. (No other body piercings are permitted)
* No jewellery or adornments, i.e. necklaces, leathers, chains, rings, bone carvings.
*Alternative jackets, coats or such extras are not permitted to be worn at any time with school uniform, as sufficient options are available for warmth, i.e. you leave home in full, correct uniform and you return home similarly.
* Uniform to be worn correctly.
* Cosmetics not acceptable with school uniform.
* Colourless nail polish only may be worn.
* Regulation school caps Terms 1 & 4.
* Regulation school beanie Terms 2 & 3
* NO OTHER HATS TO BE WORN WITH SCHOOL UNIFORM
Reporting to Parents