Term Dates 2021
Wednesday 3rd Feb - Friday 16th April
Monday 3rd May- Friday 9th July
Monday 26th July - Friday 1st October
Monday 18th Oct - Friday 17th December
8:45 - School Starts (Roll call, Daily Notices)
8:55 - Block One
10:30 - Morning Interval
10:55 - Block Two
12:30 - Lunchtime
1:20 - Block Three
2:50 - Home Room
3:00 - End of School Day
Students are placed in classes after considering information received from contributing schools, the results of some testing and other relevant data. Classes are composite Year 7 & 8 and if appropriate students may have the same class teacher for the two years.
All uniform items can be purchased at the school.
There may be a limited stock of secondhand uniforms available at the beginning of the year.
NB: The shorts and optional, long black pants must be the regulation ones: Shorts can be purchased through our school and Jon Matich Surfwear, has
the long black pants.
Girls & Boys
* Regulation black shorts or optional long black pants
* Polo shirts with DIS design and logo
* Black socks
* DIS Hoodie
* Black leather lace-up school shoes in winter
* Black or brown Roman sandals (sneakers not accepted)* Black, white or blue hair ties
* PE – plain black shorts, DIS PE T-shirt.
* DIS Beanie Term 2 & 3
* DIS Caps Term 1 & 4
These can be purchased at the school office from the beginning of the year. They are $15.00 each and are in the 4 House colours.
NB: Sneakers are not acceptable footwear – plain black leather shoes only
UNIFORMS - GENERAL
All uniforms must be named
* Plain navy or black raincoat. (No other colour allowed. This is an
EXTRA garment NOT an alternative)
* One gold or silver stud per ear may be worn in the ear. (No other body piercings are permitted)
* No jewellery or adornments, i.e. necklaces, leathers, chains, rings, bone carvings.
*Alternative jackets, coats or such extras are not permitted to be worn at any time with school uniform, as sufficient options are available for warmth, i.e. you leave home in full, correct uniform and you return home similarly.
* Uniform to be worn correctly.
* Cosmetics not acceptable with school uniform.
* Colourless nail polish only may be worn.
* Regulation school caps Terms 1 & 4.
* Regulation school beanie Terms 2 & 3
* NO OTHER HATS TO BE WORN WITH SCHOOL UNIFORM
Reporting to Parents